The Levy County Democratic Executive Committee is the governing body of the Democratic Party of Levy County.
Members of the Levy County D.E.C. are elected to represent Democrats for the 13 precincts in the county.
All Democrats are welcome to serve as volunteers and to attend meetings of the Democratic Executive Committee and the Democratic Women's Club of Levy County.
Please join us at our regular meetings or give us a call or email us for more information. (For meeting times, call or email or visit our Facebook page or website.)
We believe tolerance and the principle of “love thy neighbor” makes our society great, not anger and hate. We will always oppose injustice and stand up for the individual and the vulnerable in society.
The Levy County Democratic Party stands for government working effectively at the county, state and federal levels to achieve:
- The defense of democracy, the Constitution, and the rule of law.
- High quality public schools and excellent teachers.
- Affordable health insurance for everyone.
- Protection of the environment. We oppose the proposed Northern Turnpike Extention toll road that would seriously endanger water quality, wildlife habitats, and quality of life in Levy County.
- Commonsense gun safety, including universal background checks, safe storage laws, red flag laws, and a ban on the sale of assault weapons and high capacity magazines.
- Protection of reproductive rights.