The following six amendments to the Florida Constitution are on November's ballot. The Levy County Democrats offer this quick guide to ours and the state Democratic Party's positions on each amendment. More details on each proposed amendment available on Ballotpedia are provided.
Florida Amendment 1, Citizen Requirement for Voting Initiative
- Changes wording from All US citizens can vote to Only US citizens can vote... Read more.
Florida Amendment 2, $15 Minimum Wage Initiative
- Gradually increases the minimum wage to $15 by 2026. Read more.
Florida Amendment 3, Top-Two Open Primaries for State Offices Initiative
- Change to Open Primary system. Read more.
Florida Amendment 4, Require Constitutional Amendments to be Passed Twice Initiative
- Hold a separate second election to approve constitutional amendments. Read more.
Florida Amendment 5, Extend "Save Our Homes" Portability Period Amendment
- Changes new homestead property benefits transferability from 2 to 3 years. Read more.